The Geotechnical Group is active in the Puget Sound area promoting the professional development of the local geotechnical community. The Group meets monthly between September and May for dinner meetings which include technical presentations by local and international speakers. Dinner meetings are typically the fourth Thursday of each month. The Group also holds an annual Spring Seminar, which features an all-day seminar on a different geotechnical related topic each year. Local and international exhibitors are also present at the seminar, which typically attracts over 300 attendees. A list of past Spring Seminars is shown on this website. The organization also supports local research, student scholarships, and capital improvements at local universities.
2014-2015 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
CURRENT GROUP EVENTS
- If you would like to recieve email anouncements from the Group please sign-up to our email list.
PAST GROUP EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- 32nd Annual Spring Seminar & Short Course (May 1 & 2, 2015)
- 2015 Daniel L. and Irma Evans Lecture (May 14, 2015) - Hazard, Risk and Reliability in Geotechnical Practice - Dr. Suzanne Lacasse, Technical Director, Norwegian Geotechnical Institute (NGI)
- 2015 Go-Institue Cross Country Lecture / UW Hennes Lectur (April 2, 2015) - Effectiveness of Inhibiting Liquefaction Triggering by Shallow Ground Improvement Methods: Field Shaking Trials with T-Rex in Christchurch, New Zealand - REGISTRATION
- Wilson Lecture - Reflections, Changes and Grand Challenges in Deep Foundations - Jerry DiMaggio (March 26, 2015)
- City of Seattle: Proposed Stormwater Regulation
- GEER Preliminary Report - 2010 Chile Earthquake
- Director’s Rule, 18-2011