The Geotechnical Group is active in the Puget Sound area promoting the professional development of the local geotechnical community. The Group meets monthly between September and May for dinner meetings which include technical presentations by local and international speakers. Dinner meetings are typically the fourth Thursday of each month. The Group also holds an annual Spring Seminar, which features an all-day seminar on a different geotechnical related topic each year. Local and international exhibitors are also present at the seminar, which typically attracts over 300 attendees. A list of past Spring Seminars is shown on this website. The organization also supports local research, student scholarships, and capital improvements at local universities.
2014-2015 CALENDAR OF EVENTS
CURRENT GROUP EVENTS
- 2015 GROUNDHOG
- Quality Assurance and Testing Techniques for Drilled Foundations Presented by GRL Engineers, Inc. (February 20, 2015) - Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle SeaTac Airport, SeaTac, WA
- 2015 AEG Professional Forum on LandslidesTime to Face the Landslide Hazard Dilemma:Bridgin2015 AEG Professional Forum on LandslidesTime to Face the Landslide Hazard Dilemma:Bridging Science, Policy, Public Safety, and Potential Loss (February 26-28, 2015) - University of Washington, Seattle, WAg Science, Policy, Public Safety, and Potential Loss (February 26-28, 2015) - University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- 2016 Geotechnical & Structural Engineering Congress (February 14-17, 2016) - Phoenix, Arizona
Call for Submissions - (April 7, 2015)
- Ninth International Symposium on Field Measurements in Geomechanics (September 7-11, 2015) - Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Abstracts Due - (December 1, 2014)
- Geosynthetics 2015 (February 15 - 18, 2015) - Portland, Oregon - geosyntheticsconference.com
- 2014 Groundhog Newsletter
- City of Seattle: Proposed Stormwater Regulation
- GEER Preliminary Report - 2010 Chile Earthquake
- Director’s Rule, 18-2011
- If you would like to recieve email anouncements from the Group please sign-up to our email list.