- This event has passed.
FHWA Geotechnical Program
May 22, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
FHWA Geotechnical Engineering Program Presentation
Abstract: Several FHWA Geotechnical leaders will be in Seattle on Monday, May 22, 2017. They have offered to provide an overview of the FHWA geotechnical program, technical assistance projects, and FWHA geotechnical research. Topics that might be discussed include:
– Geotechnical Program Focus Areas
– Geotechnical Program Policy and Guidance
– LRFD for Geotechnical Assets
– Development of Research Databases of Deep Foundation Load Tests
– FHWA Geotechnical Research Laboratory
– Updates on FHWA Geotechnical Research (with topics ranging from GRS Abutments, Instrumentation and Automated Data Collection, Mechanical Stabilization of Pavements, Large Diameter Open End Piles, Auger Cast-in Place Piles, Service Limit State Design, Approach Embankments, etc.)
Jennifer Nicks, PhD, FHWA Research Geotechnical Engineer (Washington D.C. area)
Naser Abu-heljeh, FHWA Senior Geotechnical Engineer (Chicago)
Silas Nichols, FHWA Principal Geotechnical Engineer (Washington D.C. area)
Brian Collins, FHWA Western Federal Lands Geotechnical Engineer (Vancouver, WA)
Location: Free parking in Shannon & Wilson’s parking lot for those attending the presentation.
Brown Paper Tickets Ticket Widget Loading…
Click Here to visit the Brown Paper Tickets event page.