- What is the mission of the ASCE SSGG?
The ASCE Seattle Section Geotechnical Group’s mission is to advance geotechnical practice in the Puget Sound Region by providing leadership on public issues, sharing professional experience, and promoting education.
- What is the vision of the ASCE SSGG?
The ASCE Seattle Section Geotechnical Group will be the recognized leader of geotechnical practice throughout the Puget Sound Region.
- Why did the ASCE SSGG transition to a G-I chapter?
- Improve exposure of the Seattle group on the national stage
- Expand the group’s reach and interaction with other G-I Chapters
- Attract G-I speakers on tours
- Provide a group presence to help steer the future of the G-I and their support of local Chapters
- Contribute in advancing the geo-professional community through a collaborative and a mutually beneficial affiliation
- How will that transition affect me as a member of the ASCE SSGG?
There will be no impact on the ASCE SSGG members. All ASCE SSGG members will still be able to participate at any level within the group and attend all events organized by the group and will not be subjected to additional fees.
- Are all members of the ASCE SSGG members of the Seattle Chapter of the G-I?
Yes, you only need to join email list. We are known as the ASCE Seattle Section Geotechnical Group and the Seattle Chapter of the Geo-Institute. However, you need to be a member of the ASCE or G-I at the national level (pay your national dues) to be a voting member of the Seattle Chapter of the G-I when national issues arise.
- If I am a member of the ASCE SSGG but not a paying member of the ASCE or G-I, how does that affect me?
If you are a member of the ASCE SSGG, you can attend all the group’s events at the same rate as anyone else in the group. If you are not a member of the ASCE or the G-I at the national level you may have to pay a higher fee to attend events planned by these organizations.
- How does the ASCE SSGG and the Seattle Chapter of the G-I fund their programs?
The programs are funded from the proceeds of the events organized by the group. All officers are volunteers so there are no expenses other than the direct ones. Our group is a not for profit organization.
- How can I volunteer to the ASCE SSGG and the Seattle Chapter of the G-I?
Email any of the officers listed on our website or the footer of our announcements and we will let you know how you can volunteer.