Geotechnical Dam Investigation and Analysis in the PNW Workshop
Geotechnical Dam Investigation and Analysis in the PNW will focus on soils, rock, and seismic conditions typical for the Pacific Northwest including internal erosion potential of soils; Cascadia subduction zone
Geotechnical Dam Investigation and Analysis in the PNW will focus on soils, rock, and seismic conditions typical for the Pacific Northwest including internal erosion potential of soils; Cascadia subduction zone and local crustal earthquakes; and landslide hazards.
Participants will come away with an understanding of site investigation, geologic interpretation and geotechnical analyses appropriate for different dam settings. Speakers will discuss recognition of risk factors using original designs, inspections, and analyses. The workshop will look more specifically at how to understand geotechnical investigation and analysis, as well as communication between geotechnical professionals and other engineers.
This workshop is geared towards dam safety engineers; geotechnical engineers; engineering geologists; and engineers working in dam design or rehabilitation. Audience participation will be encouraged. View the full agenda.
- $450 on or before February 11/$500 after February 11
- $75 Field Trip to Scoggins Creek Dam
- A $75 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations received on or before February 14. After February 14 no refunds will be given.
- University Place Hotel and Conference Center, 310 SW Lincoln Street, Portland OR 97201
- ASDSO does have a small room block for attendees at the facility. Rooms are $143 per night and reservations must be made by February 11, 2020.
- To make a reservation, call 503-221-0140 and press 1 for reservations. Please make sure to ask for “Association of State Dam Safety Officials” room block to receive the discount.
March 3 (Tuesday) - 4 (Wednesday)