Geo-Institute/Seattle Section Geotechnical Group
Co-organized with University of Washington Geotechnical Group
37th Annual Spring Seminar
Saturday, May 13, 2023
The ASCE Seattle Section Geotechnical Group/Geo-Institute Seattle Chapter is pleased to announce our 37th annual Spring Seminar, which will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2023 at the University of Washington campus in Seattle, Washington.
This year’s seminar will honor the career of Professor Steven L. Kramer, who retired from the University of Washington in 2020 after 36 years of immeasurable contributions to the geotechnical community. The seminar program will include presentations from Dr. Kramer’s colleagues, research collaborators, and former students including:
- Pedro Arduino, University of Washington
- Ross Boulanger, University of California, Davis
- Brendon Bradley, University of Canterbury
- Jonathan Bray, University of California, Berkeley
- Misko Cubrinovksi, University of Canterbury
- Kevin Franke, Brigham Young University
- Doug Lindquist, Haley & Aldrich
- Andrew Makdisi, U.S. Geological Survey
- Ellen Rathje, University of Texas at Austin
- Jonathan Stewart, University of California, Los Angeles
The invited speakers will present on a range of topics relevant to Professor Kramer’s contributions, including performance-based earthquake geotechnics, liquefaction hazard evaluation, site response analysis, and advances in earthquake reconnaissance and construction monitoring.
Planning for the spring seminar is currently underway. We will provide updates with more details in the coming months. We hope you will save the date and to see you on May 13, 2023!